As you may have heard, Ghost Town is coming and we’re extremely excited to be unveiling it for everyone in the very near future. We know that everyone just absolutely loved our Halloween last year and we really want to do one better, and Ghost Town is just the start of it. There’s plenty more tricks (and treats!) to come.
Ghost Town is a spooky experience. You’ll be able to travel to it easily via the Travel button (you might have noticed that the travel map has changed recently), but it’s a single map experience (unlike the maps of the Pioneer Trail) and you’ll be able to travel back and forth between the three areas without any problem. Here’s a look at the game map:
Aside from the eerie environment, you’ll notice a few other differences. Your three crew members (separate from PT crew members, so you’ll need to hire a new crew) have different titles but somewhat similar roles. However, you don’t have to worry about having to do a particular action with that crew member anymore–the game automatically chooses which crew member to use depending on your action. So if you’re doing normal actions, your main character will do them, but if you’re tending to some Cursed Corn (which freak me out, honestly), you’ll always be using your Mad Scientist. You can move each of the crew members and your main character normally. This way you’ll be able to always use the correct crew member and never have to worry if you’re using the right one for the job (note that for Pioneer Trail the old way will still remain).
Ghost Town also uses a new energy system, Gumptions, but you’ll have a bit more to start off with than PT did and you’ll be able to do a lot more starting off with. There are also 3 new resources to collect: Spirits, Hides and Potions.
Here’s a visual guide so you can see all you need to know about crew members, what they tend and what you can get from them (click on any to get a bigger version):
You’ll also be able to use the collected Charms to buy goodies for your homestead and more.
So get ready! Ghost Town is coming soon!
We do plan on having some fixes very soon (probably with the GT update) for a couple of issues that has been plaguing players, including:
- The “bear ate my stuff” message people have been receiving for gifting and re-gifting, especially around Melons.
- The vanished Mastery Gardens. This seems to be limited to those of you who had the missing buildings issue; it looks like unfinished Mastery Gardens could have been placed or moved onto squares where the buildings had vanished, so when they came back they are sitting in the same space as the old buildings.
What you’ll need to do is just buy another one from the store and place it somewhere else (we’ll let anyone be able to get more than one after the update).
Ghost Town Introduction
Your Crew will consist of the following 3 characters:
Today we’re revealing a brand new area for you to visit, just in time for Halloween. Introducing Ghost Town! Prepare yourself for new missions, collections, rewards & more. Let’s get started!
- Gated at Level 17
- 7 New Collections
- New Energy source – Gumption
- Charms are needed to purchase exclusive Ghost Town items, they are shared, doobered from building bonuses, and earned as mission rewards
- 3 new Crew Members, Shaman, Mad Scientist, and Sharpshooter
- Hides are found by your Sharpshooter
- Potions are found by your Mad Scientist
- Spirits are found by your Shaman
- 3 cross world missions that take you to your Homestead with missions and buildables (9 total)
To see what all this spookiness is coming from, click “Vist Ghost Town” when you receive the following popup in-game. If you decide that Ghost Town might be a tad too spooky right now, click “Maybe Later.”
3 New Crew Characters:
- Mad Scientist
Each Character will acquire character-specific doobers when do they do actions. The Sharpshooter collects Hides, Shaman collects Spirits, Mad Scientist collects Potions, and your own avatar will collect Charms.
Ghost Town Environment
Each Crew member can only do actions on specific and unique animals, trees, graves, and more! Here are some Ghost Town animals (Shaman Specific) that you’ll find in Ghost Town.
Ghost Town Varmints
New Varmints to hunt!
Ghost Town Missions
New Ghost Town missions will be unique to crew members and you’ll find that getting each key to the Mayor will be, Spooktacular. The Old Bones Gang will be waiting for you at the end of the Sharpshooter’s mission series, so be prepared!
|Spirit ‘N’ Clear It
- Cure 5 Cursed Chickens with the Shaman
- Collect 1 Spirit with the Shaman
- Watch the Tutorial Video
|Charmin’ With Science
- Tend 7 Frankenfruit Trees
- Collect 2 Potions
- Collect 1 Daily Bonus from ANY Ghost Town building
|Shootin’ ‘N’ Shoppin’
- Chop Hoary Elm Trees 5 Times
- Clear 5 Skeletal Remains
- Buy a Spider Web in the Ghost Town Market
(Each series will use your Shaman, Mad Scientist or Sharpshooter.)
|Calm the Shakin’ Sheriff!
- Clear 10 Skeletal Remains
- Craft 2 Warming Pads in the Ghost Town Clock Tower
- Complete a Giant Cauldron on your HOMESTEAD
|Addin’ to the Mix (Homestead Mission)
- Harvest 20 Cotton
- Clobber 10 Snakes
- Get 20 Tangy Sauce BottlesBubblin’ Brouhaha (Homestead Mission)
- Visit 40 Neighbors
- Chop Oak Trees 50 Times
- Get 20 Eyes of NewtsSinister Seasonings (Homestead Mission)
- Clear 10 Skulls
- Collect 2 Daily Bonuses from the Cauldron
- Get 20 Venom Vials
|Shadows and Shades
- Chop DOWN 5 Hoary Elms
- Collect 20 Hides
- Ask for 15 Hoary Handcuffs
|Howlin’ at the Moon!
- Destroy 40 Spider Webs
- Collect 30 Hides
- Ask for 15 Coyote Decoys
|Defeat the Old Bones Gang!
- Craft 6 Skull Cannonballs in your Giant Cauldron on your Homestead
- Craft 5 Machinist’s Gloves in the Ghost Town Clock Tower
- Complete the Skull Cannon to blast the Old Bones Gang
|A Great Host of Ghosts
- Cure 15 Cursed Cows.
- Collect 10 Spirits
- Ask your friends to fill out a Ghost Hunting Crew
|To Build a Better Box
- Craft 4 Ornate Cushions in the Ghost Town Chapel
- Complete a Shagbark Tree on your Homestead
- Ask your friends for 20 Coffin Nails
|Grow a Tall One (Homestead Mission)
- Harvest 30 Sunflowers
- Tend 30 Neighbor Apple Trees
- Ask friends for 20 RaisinsStumped! (Homestead Mission)
- Harvest 50 Corn
- Harvest 50 Wheat
- Collect 25 Plant SpikesGreen Thumb Lovin’ (Homestead Mission)
- Clear 30 Wildflowers on a neighbor’s homestead
- Collect 2 Daily bonuses from the Shagbark Tree
- Collect 20 Blackbird houses
|Rise ‘N’ Shine!
- Cure 30 Cursed Animals
- Put 20 Ghosts back in their Haunted Graves
- Collect 30 Spirits
|The Ghost of Huge Hugh
- Craft 6 Tainted Nuts in the Shagbark Tree
- Craft 5 Holy Club Sodas
- Serve Huge Hugh dinner on a Romantic Dinner Barrel
- Cure 20 Cursed Pumkins
- Collect 10 Potions
- Ask friends for 8 Power Pruners
- Tend 35 Frankenfruit Trees
- Collect 20 Potions
- Complete a Haunted Garden
|Plantin’ Purple (Homestead Mission)
- Tend 20 Animals
- Harvest 30 Garlic (New Crop!)
- Clear 20 Stumps on your homesteadWearin’ Protection (Homestead Mission)
- Clear 8 Thorns
- Harvest 50 Peas
- Get 10 Garden GlovesBein’ Neighborly (Homestead Mission)
- Revive 30 Withered Crops on a neighbor’s homestead
- Collect 2 Daily Bonuses from the Haunted Garden
- Get 15 Hand Trowels
|The Odd Orchard
- Chop Withered Oak Trees 20 Times
- Cure 30 Cursed Corn
- Craft 5 Detox Elixirs at the Ghost Town Saloon
- Craft 6 doses of Weed Killer in the Homestead Garden
- Craft 5 Squirtin’ Bags at the Ghost Town Saloon
- Complete the Sprayin’ Apparatus to defeat the Briary Behemoth
|Unlocking the Mansion
- Remove the 1st Lock from the Mansion
- Remove the 2nd Lock from the Mansion
- Remove the 3rd Lock from the Mansion
Ghost Town Buildings and Decorations
You’ll acquire Spooky Ghost Town buildings and decorations to bring back onto your Homestead as you try and save the town from Mayor Witherwood. These buildings will be an intricate part in Ghost Town that you will build on your homestead to help you complete missions in Ghost Town.
Collect Charms to unlock cool items for your homestead!
Ghost Town Collections
Along with new missions, items & buildings, we also have 7 new collections to try our hands at getting. Try to finish ‘em all!